Friday, September 4, 2009

Spring/Summer 2010 Color Trends


Have you ever noticed that you only see certain colors each season? Growing up in an extremely small town I was rather oblivious to that fact for a long time, until I got my very first job in retail when I was in my 20’s


I never knew that people spent months and months researching which color of blue was going to be “the one” for that season. Thank goodness there are people out there that like doing that because I’m NOT that detail oriented and I’m defiantly not very good at putting color combinations together. I tend to take the path of least resistance. My entire wardrobe is either navy, black or dark brown pants with white, black, teal or tangerine tops. I will occasionally buy a dark purple blouse if I’m feeling particularly frisky.


I’ve been out of retail for a LONG time so I’ve gotten away from watching what colors are “hot” but I was really excited to stumble across Artful Wedding Ideas . Michelle Mospens is the artist behind Artful Wedding Ideas and has been featured in The Knot magazines, Elite Wedding Collection, Modern Bride and Better Homes and Gardens. She has a posted about the color trends for spring 2010 I wish it had the names of the colors on there but having the pantone color number is VERY helpful. When we were working with Hatch Show Prints in Nashville for our wedding invitations, we were able to tell them what pantone color we wanted and they knew EXACTLY what we were talking about which was very helpful since I couldn’t just drop into their shop and check it in person.
Drop by her blog and check it out then let me know what colors you are planning on using for your wedding.


PS - she also does Custom Hand-painted invitations like these.

No comments: