Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This is totally off topic

but I feel it's important to take a moment to share this with all of you.

One of my co-workers was telling us this morning about how his mother had been scammed with the granny scam. They told his mother (73 years old) that her grandson was in jail and they needed to have her send money to get him out. They even got someone to get on the phone and say Grandma this is Z I need you to help me but don't tell mom and dad cause they will kill me!
They scammed her for $2000. The poor thing was so upset when she found out it was all a scam.
Please talk with all of your elderly relatives, maybe have a code word in place incase you really DO have an emergency and need them to send you money.
My co-worker said the hardest thing he's ever had to do was tell his mother she had just been scammed.

In other news.

I will be posting a wedding later tonight. The power cord to my laptop died on me this weekend so I didn't get to play much. I've got a new one now but I'm at work and not supposed to be playing on the internet.

No comments: