Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Fat Bride's Survival Guide



I just love Natalie's story! Thanks to Kathryn and Lesbian Bride for sharing this link with me. I have copied just a snippet of her sage advice...enjoy and then go over to axis of fat for the rest of this story and more.

"I wanted to share a few things that helped me survive as a fat bride, because if you’re not used to speaking up it really can be intimidating and upsetting. I had a crystalline vision of how I wanted to look on my wedding day and I wasn’t ashamed of my body, nor did I have plans to change it consciously before the date. Being somewhat blunt and quite confident, I had few real issues with the barrage of concerned but unhelpful people who just wanted me to look fabulous when I got married. I understood that they were coming from a mindset held by most brides, a world where a slimmer bride must be the more beautiful bride, but I was not convinced of that-"

2 comments:

Brunhilda said...

Thank you for posting that link. I am a plus sized bride to be, and you've just given me so much to think about. Why am I on this stinking diet when I looked just like this when he met me, fell and love with me and proposed to me? I'm a little less than nine months away from my wedding, and haven't even set foot in a bridal shop yet. I'm afraid to, and a little ashamed of what they'll think or say to me. Here's to beautiful brides of all sizes!

PlusClothingExpert said...

Wow. You are definitely right. Size doesn't measure ones beauty. Fat women are fashionable too. There are lovely plus size designer clothes that you can chose from.