Thursday, August 27, 2009

What are you doing for your Save The Date?





This was my first draft for our save the dates. I thought it was funny but only my family would have gotten the joke. (I was married very briefly when I was 20 and spent the next 20 years being single. Nobody thought I was going to get married again including me.) I did send it to a few of them just for giggles but everyone else received a slightly tweaked version that looked a little more like a real concert ticket. She even put a picture of a little trailer that looked like our teardrop on there! It must have worked because people were calling Dave to find out what show the tickets were for.


I had them printed at Kinko's. I cut them down and put a business size magnet on the back of each of them and mailed them out. I hadn't planned on doing STD's but we had so many guests that are musicians that we needed to let them know what date to keep open. If I had known you could send your own artwork to Vista Print that would have saved me a lot of time and stress. Oh well, you all can learn from my fumblings.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to do STD's but it's just something that falls very low on our list of important things. We are using traditional word of mouth to get the date out there and will be send our invites out with plenty of time for people to be able to come.

Plus Size Bride said...

yeah it wasn't important to me either. These were last minute panic induced attempts at making sure people didn't make plans or gigs for that weekend.