Sunday, August 16, 2009

What was your first date?




I was making cinnamon rolls last night (for the very first time ever) and as I was kneading the dough I was thinking back to my first date with Dave. It wasn't really a date but more of a group outing. Dave had been a widower for a few months and he invited me to join "the group" to see Malcolm Holcombe play at a little club in Dallas http://www.malcolmholcombe.com/. If you ever get the chance to see him DO....he is quite the musician...and a character to boot.


I sat with the group for a while but it was a dark room so I moved to a closer seat so I could take some pictures. It was a group thing, he was a recent widower so as usual I wasn't too concerned with anything but doing my own thing. After a little while Dave came over and joined me. We talked and laughed and enjoyed the music and each others company. And despite the raised eyebrows we were getting from the rest of the group I could feel the shift from just friends to something more.


1 comment:

Dar said...

Awww I haven't thought about it for so long......
New Years Eve -December 31, 2004. I flew out to Detroit from somewhere above North Dakota.... we spent 4 days together but the first "date" was spent at a little pub/club in Wayne, Michigan in a corner, laughing and feeling like 16 yr olds....